Friday, December 29, 2006

Easy and Healthy

So with the new year approaching and the holiday season just behind us, I am making an attempt to be healthy. After all of that heavy holiday food, I feel like I want to eat raw fruits and vegetables only for the rest of my life.

With that in mind, I thought I'd share a really easy sauce I made recently. I served it as a sauce on a chicken sandwich with pita bread and almond-raisin cous-cous. But it would be a great light dipping sauce for kebabs or raw veggies or even in a kind of Mediterranean chicken salad.

Here it is:

Ginger-Yogurt Sauce
1 bunch scallions, cleaned and sliced
1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 c. honey
1 c. plain yogurt

Sweat scallions and ginger over low heat until scallions are tender, about 5 min. Puree in blender with yogurt and honey.

It's good hot, warm, or cold. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home